Looking Toward Our Water Future
OneWater Nevada’s A+ Advanced Purified Water Treatment Feasibility Study was a joint effort whose goal was to evaluate and determine if advanced purified water can provide long-term benefits for our region’s water future.
As a result, OneWater Nevada developed multiple field scale advanced water treatment demonstration projects. Several sites have were chosen for innovative research and exploration based on their geographic location and hydrogeologic characteristics.
The Study was guided by a panel of international water quality experts offering feedback and guidance on the study’s goal and approaches. The Governor’s Drought Forum recommended advanced purified water treatment investigations to augment existing water supplies and improve drought response efforts.
View the Report Here:
- Reno-Stead Water Reclamation Facility Advanced Purified Water Demonstration Study Final Report – April 2021 (pdf)
These demonstration projects examined opportunities to:
- Safely evaluate the feasibility of augmenting drinking water supplies with advanced purified water
- Engage the public and provide hands-on tours
- Operate, monitor and conduct data analysis at a small scale
- Test and validate treatment technologies
- University of Nevada, Reno
- Truckee Meadows Water Authority
- Washoe County
- City of Reno
- Western Regional Water Commission
- Truckee Meadows Water Reclamation Facility
- City of Sparks